The role requires all activities to align to the purpose of owning the professional recommenda-tion: supported by science; delivered by best-in-class education, and lead with thought leaders.
To ensure that Professional Education and development team is the trusted professional part-ner of choice for all HCP’s supporting their development and education needs and ultimately ensuring Alcon vision care products are prescribed as first choice.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with Eye Care Professionals, HCP influencers, and Key Accounts/Key customers to promote engagement with the Alcon brands and to provide clinical and technical information supporting the brands that influences positively prescribing behaviour & decisions.
- Provide education and technical support for Key Accounts as part of the category management team for account support.
- Adopt and execute International Professional Education and Development strategy, adapted to local market commercial priorities.
- Execute the education strategy and deliver content to support New Product Launches (NPL) and key strategic brands. Focussing on fundamental clinical skills and product knowledge, supported by science delivered by international professional education team.
- Delivery of generic/on-label education materials to support strategic brands to be uti-lised across all channels, including digital platforms.
- Deliver and implement the pre-launch education and communication strategy and key tactics for NPL readiness (such as, pre-launch communication and market prepa-ration, thought leader and advocate engagement, podium opportunities, key ECP acti-vation and educational initiatives) for the market.
- Commercial Advisory Boards and Round tables for insight and product support, particularly related to New Product HCP advocacy.
- Direct and deliver support for congresses (Alcon owned and third party) held within the local market. Specific may include, in conjunction and collaboration with key stakeholders - sponsorship negotiation, booth (live & virtual) and messaging develop-ment, commercial/brand podium presentations, full planning and communication & PR liaison.
- Professional communications and scientific amplification compliantly utilising social media, trade articles, newsletters via Marketing cloud and other channels of delivery
- Execute Thought leaders/HCP influencer strategy
- Develop & manage relationships with HCP Influencers and Thought Leaders within lo-cal market, major industry influencers, professors, organizations/associations, educa-tional institutions & researchers to be at the forefront of the industry & gain leading edge knowledge of practitioner and industry insights to influence business and com-mercial planning.
- Serve in an advisory capacity on any clinical / technical / media related issues involving Alcon products and professional challenges to support the local market leadership team. (If PE&D head)
- Provide Clinical / Technical support to the local market marketing, sales, sales training, regulatory, legal and communications teams.
- HCP Advocacy for all strategic activities based on customer insights. These insights supported and generated through platforms such as Within3.